Tuesday, July 31, 2012

RIR announces NEW mesh cars - Super Car racing series coming soon!

Yesterday I couldn't go to bed too early - but it turned out not to be a bad thing, because I got an opportunity to join racers at Dover Speedway for the test race on the new, mesh cars! Looks great, even with demo textures :)
Like it was mentioned before, badguy Boozehound spend a lot of time getting the script to work with the mesh - but, in my opinion, the result paid off!
I even checked the car out myself, even though I'm a veeeery average racer. RIR racing cars always take some time to accustom to, but I suspect this one might become a new start for some racers. This car was confirmed as more sticky than others (and heavier too, I would add), so even the best racers had to bust a cut to handle them!
The event, of course, included the fun race. There were both RIR patrons - Eagle Clawtooth, Killan Sandalwood, then JP Paneer joined them - and newcomers, also Miku Hatsune, Racers Island champion, dropped by for the 2nd race. Sadly, I can't put their names because I simply forgot to write them down and my memory plays tricks with me, so I can't remember them right now - but if they remind me of themselves, you'll hear about them, too!
Racers cluster
What I want to say is that newcomers totally surprised me - they've showed a great driving skill and an ability to compete with those who's name are well-known for you. Probably the mesh car confused pro racers a little, because they were doing better at the 2nd race (a bigger one, when Hatsune and Paneer joined).
Before the second race, a funny thing occured - due to the fact cars were temporary, they... simply disappeared right before the race, when racers have lined up. Yes, at the certain moment of time racers found themselves staying on the ground, without a slightest hint of car around. After laughing that out, they grabbed another demo each and it all got back to normal.
So I can conclude the Super Car season, when its time comes, promises to be not very predictable!
Testing seems to be still in progress - but I asked Badguy and he said that it's going to be done in 2-3 weeks  and RIR will start the season with them! So, competitors, you've got time to try them out - drop by at RIR store, grab a demo and give it a try!
Let's wait together for the season! Stay tuned for further notices!

No comments:

Post a Comment