Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A day at Corse GP

Corse GP website
Corse GP in-world


While I'm reinstalling Firestorm - warning everyone, MS SkyDrive screwes up the file manager in any SL viewer, so use at your own risk! (Wish I couldn't use it, but I have to share the PC with my brother and he WORSHIPS it!) - I'm going to tell you about Corse GP.

It's a public track run by PREFABRICA creator, also there is a PREFABRICA store. You can buy a vehicle, all of them are under L$ 1000, and give it a try with the HUD that you can get for free. The HUD is for recording your lap time, passed checkpoints, showing you your best time etc.
Also, if you hesitate, there are demo vehicles for the test ride - 3 minutes max, but you can try the vehicle again (just have to come back at the rez zone and get one). But you can't use the menu in them, for example, to adjust steering or downforce.
The track itself is curly: lots of turns and hairpins. A real competition for addicted to speed!
It's a good, but very crowdy place, so reduce your graphics as much as possible. Besides, scripts amount is not limited, but we all know that real racers don't wear scripted items while driving. Nonetheless, be ready to other wannabees covered with scripts.
2 minutes autoreturn there. In my human opinion, that's not enough, but well, the owners know better.

I've been there before, but today I came there first time as a blogger.
There's an event going on, did you know that, competitors? Every week they're giving away cash prizes for the best result set at the track for EACH vehicle! Means you can get a cash prize for every vehicle you drive!
To join the competition, you have to:
1. drive a PREFABRICA vehicle you own (not a demo) - a car or a bike;
2. wear the Corse GP HUD while driving at the track.
All the results are displayed here , on a real-time basis.

I've decided to give it a shot with a cheap car, as the Corse GP track manager, a very nice man, Legend Shiva (Bruninho Scientist) suggested, and bought my first car in Second Life (no joking, I was always driving car demos and I owned bikes and only bikes!). So, I've joined it as well.

So, awesome racers, gonna give it a try too? Or you're already there?


No comments:

Post a Comment