Thursday, June 21, 2012

FunTuffy truck race on the City Metro track @ Racers Island

Right after R.I.R. I headed to Racers Island, because I got a notice about another race going on the City Metro track there and I was half an hour late already. That was my first trip as a blogger there - not only at that track, but at the whole sim at all.

They had not only one, but a few races today, and they were more of spontageous ones, so by the moment I got there they already have had 3 races! I've decided to step back for a moment from blogging and try it myself.
The truck and the track, they both were new for me. I just got lost on the streets, even though there were barriers and arrows that were showing the directions, but the track haven't rezzed for me at the moment the race had started - so I promptly got behind. I wasn't alone though, there was another racer who wasn't lucky enough too, moreover, he dropped off in the middle of the race. So I finished last.

There was another one I've decided to watch and blog about. Racers did not do qualifying - they simply lined up at the start wherever they wanted. The truck had only 1 gear, and was so slow I was trying to figure out how to shift gears till the end of the race (the one I've participated in).

So, in that paricular race were 8 participants, including the race director - Nella Boccara. Others were:
Zev Titanium,
Brave (Brave Ashbourne),
Eddie Mathieson,
Shaft Laval,
Λkﻨէσ.ﮐụץƘﻨΔ (thoma Aura),
Miku Hatsune (Doll Kabuki),
and Biggs (Biggs Braham).

You won't detect them on pictures - they all were driving the same trucks. I've made some records during the race though.
At the start,  Eddie Mathieson got the leading position. Then Miku Hatsune with Zev Titanium behind her took the leadership from him and completed the 1st lap as a leading racer. Titanium took it away from Hatsune, and bit by bit was increasing the gap between him and other racers, what provided him the 1st place with Hatsune on 2nd and Brave on 3rd.


That race was more for fun than for competition, and like I said, it was a spontageous one, that, as Nella told me, they do a lot, so I believe we'll some great time at Racers Island in the future.Why, I'm sure we will!

And here's some pictures from the race:





No comments:

Post a Comment